Thursday, February 17, 2011

2045. SPONTANEOUS ERUPTION

SPONTANEOUS ERUPTION
Oh the heave and oh the ho of it all!
Silly and simple, things meander. Getting
to nowhere, like getting to know you.
What sort of leather is that chair? You
are bent down, in it, as it seems to swallow
you up. Looking for a pen, or what?
-
The sign on the wall, some self-made
paper, says something like 'Things are
looking up for me - after the fire burned
down my house, I found I had a wonderful
view of the valley below!' Effusive optimism
and motivational placement - have I ever
told you? - really makes me sick.
-
The other morning, in the waning of the dark,
I was startled while thinking about dreams and
the world around me, by the rapid crossing of
three ghostly deer - bounding high above a
roadway as they silently passed. I was astounded
by their eerie grayness in the smoky thin light.
I really wasn't sure I was present, or - if I was -
where it was I was present at. I know it all sounds
confusing now, but at the moment the thought was
crystal clear, and I knew where I 'might' have been.

No comments: