Sunday, February 13, 2011

2030. FOR THIS MOMENT I OWNED THAT DREAM

FOR THIS MOMENT
I OWNED THAT DREAM
(non-existence, again)
(Inconsequence : like jail, like a fixation on counting
days down. No meaning at all. I pale by comparison.
-
Now there is nothing less than that famed 'zero' - the
piper's own ticket to the flute factory, a one-way ride
back to oblivion, steerage in the schooner Mayhem,
pants with the legs sewn shut. I am lost in a thicket
of everything with a 'de' - delusion, despair, despondency,
desperation, you know all the rest. It's demeaning to me.
-
I walked the ice-clogged river, listening to the groan
and croak of every slab. I want to find one, to ride, to
ride, far, far out to sea. Somewhere I will never be.
-
No more, no more, no more, for me.
Yes, for this moment I owned that dream).

No comments: