Thursday, February 10, 2011

2027. EDITOR (Very Orange Indeed)

EDITOR
(Very Orange Indeed)
"This goes on for a very long time seemingly
forever without any pause and without any
punctuation as well - and we gather around
to make sure it all gets talked and heard. These
voices, having visited other places, now come
back to tell us where they've been. Matthew,
headed for Vermont, tells me first of his two
years just finished in Turkmenistan, where
he 'dispensed pharmaceuticals' to the local
Turkmenis. And then in the background and,
for whatever reason, the second time today, I
am hearing 'Orpheus In the Underworld' being
played on some classical channel. Not the jingle
we know from the media, mind you, but the
real tune itself. And then, just to my right,
someone only recently met tells me how much
she likes my artworks on the walls. Paintings.
Collages. No one ever seems sure what they are.
I should be as rich as my heart is in the wealth
of hearing kind words. Magnificent compositions;
and the sun is going down, just outside this window.
Very orange tonight; very orange indeed."

No comments: