Monday, February 14, 2011

2031. 'THEY'RE EXTREMELY INTERESTING'

'THEY'RE EXTREMELY
INTERESTING'
I've seen them before and my imagination is kept.
Not knowing where, I must abstain from telling more.
I look. I look about me - watching the morning arise,
the ice pass from sidewalks and the thin crusts of
graveyard snow fall from stones and markers.
It's all I can do to keep from laughing.
-
Time is such a tendentious thing : gravel in the
throat, bad air in yellow'd lungs, succor at the
sight of disaster. I can't translate the cards
into any winning message. As interesting
as they are, hangman, urn, trickster, all
the rest just fades away. I realize, truly,
that there are no 'things' anywhere to
behold. Life has its answers, and keeps
them, damningly, to itself. We stand
aside, and must let things pass.

No comments: