Thursday, February 13, 2020

12,555. THE MAN WHO MINDED CLIFFS

THE MAN WHO MINDED CLIFFS
I was haunted; by everything. Those
with whom I had to deal, they too were
haunted but by other things. Unfocused,
at best, ran the lights of my life. You've
probably heard of things like 'willy-nilly, 
an idea of something I guess meaning 
random? Just running off to do what one
feels. Maybe that was it after all.
-
At the train station, not much is going on.
Everyone  -  and I mean that  -  has a phone.
Staring into another sort of abyss. No one
has a briefcase any more. Business people,
like you used to see, trudging along with
their 'attache' cases. In the same vein. no
one dresses like that anymore  - as they
used to, those business types. The leather
shoes are gone; replaced by childish, 
but accepted, sneakers now.
-
It's just an outlook too, somehow, that's
different : infantile appropriation, Asian
bears and bunnies. I could never deal with
that : phones, or sneakers either. They look
like club-foot alterns out on a rehab run.

No comments: