Tuesday, February 4, 2020

12,529. RUDIMENTS, pt. 952

RUDIMENTS, pt. 952
(genius-based moronic babble)
Mayhem and Mata Hari have
never made a difference to me
-  just a few odd words for the
here and there. Mishap too.
It's simply the way I've
played my world all along.
I don't much know what's
behind any of the concepts
of these words, but I find
them endlessly intriguing.
It's as if, beneath all the
chatter and noise, there's
another stream of words
and thoughts always running,
things underway that we're
not so aware of. 'The Secret
Meaning of Things,' would
be a could title for if it were
to be in book form. And you
know what? That was always
more important to me than the
commands and directions of
ordinary life and language.
I've always preferred the
inner light to some bare,
naked bulb.
-
Embolism. That might have
been another one. I loved that
word, like a catch-all phrase
for followers of that crazed
African mad-king, Embo, who
hacked people's arms and legs
off and then granted permission
to ride over Victoria Falls. He
later became, after the first
black Pope, Ebon I proclaimed
him so, the patron-saint of
amusement parks.
-
A friend of mine, and myself,
once, at a place called Oliver's,
which used to be on St. George
Ave., back in our motorcycle
drinking days (we drank, the
bikes didn't) would show up
on their Comedy Nights  -  this
was about 1995, they had live
NYC talent in once a week,
B-grade, starting-out stuff.
We'd heckle and berate the
comic who, having come out
from NYC, figured he'd have
an easy time playing before
these Colonia rubes, belittling
and calling out stupid suburban
ways, etc. We always managed
to teach them a few good things
about that, and they get their
show done (to about 10 people)
and limp away, probably sorry
they ever came. One night, the
proprietor finally came up to
is and said, 'You guys, fucking
funny boys. You think you can
do this better, next Sunday's
YOUR show. He gave us the
Sunday evening slot, I forget,
6pm or something. I was game,
and so was my friend. We worked
it a little, during the week. The entire
show was going to be sort of a mad 
riff on Rodney Dangerfield stuff, and
then we realized Sunday was Easter!
Who the heck's gonna' show up
there on Easter? We were suckered.
As funny as we maybe could have
been (probably to 3 people, instead
of he raging large house of 10),
we didn't even show up and went
to the Pioneer instead, to get drunk
there. I've always hated Easter.
-
Oliver's was the place too that I
went to the night I was punched up,
and then kicked around on the ground,
at some Biker rally in Hoboken.
It was a long time ago, and was
all because of a misunderstanding
over something that occurred in State
Island, but, in the Biker World, back
then anyway, you never really
escaped your screw-ups. If it was
6 days later, or 6 months, you paid.
This was mine. My friend, at that
time, was living in this cousin's
house down along Enfield Road,
right off from the corner where
Oliver's was, so I called him and
said, knowing his cousin wouldn't
be too keen on my bloodied head
at her house, meet me at Oliver'
in twenty minutes, with a pail
of warm water and soap, etc.
He was there went I arrived.
It was no longer a comedy night
scene at all. I was bloodied up,
and he tended to me, and it all
turned out OK, and I even took
my licking and made up with
the jerks who'd done it. Screw
them and their 'Justice' too, but
whatever; one moves on, even
if with a limp. 
-
You learn these things over time.
Stuff goes into 'remission.' That's
another interesting word, but one
never liked; same as 'emission.'
Especially 'nocturnal emission,'
which is one screwed-up concept.
Nowadays anyhow, when you
commanding Lieutenant sends
you an email for your next 
deployment to Afghanistan, I
guess that an e-mission too.
See how the world's changed?
-
All that change has just about
made me useless, but the good 
thing now about old age is that 
you're allowed to be useless. No
one gives two-damns about you.
They want you out of the way.
My life's been a fucking waste of
everything, and now I'm stuck with
all this crap, piles of writing and
art and photos and ideas and the
half-charged editings and seekings
of genius-based but moronic
babble. I get nothing back, I've
got no accolades. (What the
hell sort of word is that? Sounds
like a deoderant)....
-
It all adds up though. My life's
and ugly wreck. Nothing to do.
I saw a girl, just the other day,
going the wrong way down a
one-way street. I said to her. 
'One way.' She shouted back,
'No way.' My mother refused to
breast-feed me  you know. She said
'I like us better as just friends.' This
stuff sticks with you, especially a 
sensitive, like me. I gave blood 
the other day; the family it went 
to sent me a note. 'Our dog really 
thanks you.'  One time I asked
my father how I could get my
kite in the air. He told me to go
jump off a cliff...'



No comments: