Friday, January 17, 2020

12,473. THE NEXUS OF PLATICOMB. pt. 6

THE NEXUS OF 
PLATICOMB, pt. 6
Right here is where they jell
the maitre'd : he lives on Southside
Johnny Hill, alongside the deli
warehouse. Small trucks come 
go all day. It's not Miami Beach,
but the girls get pretty cute though
out of reach. I stay here sometimes,
but only on shiny days.
-
You can't talk to me about platypus
ways  -  I know all those things
already, and the junk you learned
from SeaQuest too. They keep the
elephants there in ant-sized cages,
and I never can figure how it's done.
-
One tome, back when the School
District was new, and they had it
mis-spelled as Bored of Education
too, I ambled in to whistle them
a darky's tune : No one knew what
I was trying to do, nor what the
song was about. Nor the sound.
-
I sang them : 'Massa's in the
cold, cold ground.'

No comments: