Wednesday, January 15, 2020

12,469. LIFE, COMMINGLED WITH ASHES

LIFE, COMMINGLED 
WITH ASHES
Life, when Spring comes this year,
and if I'm still here, is going to be
different. I'm going to train myself to
be sure of something : maybe see people
with ashes on their forehead, the day
that happens, for Lent, make note of
them, and then, at Easter, ask them
how it all went.
-
Perhaps I'll don a clown suit on this 
February's last day, and wear it right
on up to May. Scaring little kids all
along the way  -  that very suspicious
smile that clowns put on.
-
Or, my London Police Whistle! Maybe
I can jam that in my frozen mouth and
keep it there for April  -  making shrill
noises over everything I see : that things
that irk me, the violations that be. Dogs
pooping and walking away. Kids putting
gum under their school bus seats.

No comments: