Monday, January 6, 2020

12,445. THE NEXUS OF PLATICOMB, pt. 2

THE NEXUS OF 
PLATICOMB, pt. 2
Sneakers the size of whales
and hard rains coming down as
hail  -  monumental undertakings
drawn by lots. The last road at
the end of the mining pit. Each
of these things were written of
before they happened. But how
could that be?
-
I haven't had a spare moment 
since 1993. All the rest has been
a midnight blur : sitting by the
window way too late; watching
the new people pass through
Chelsea Market, staring to gape
at all that they see. Taking pictures
of pictures and pictures of me.
-
How much they charge now to
get into St. John the Divine? I'm
not so sure anymore, but the
couple from Oklahoma asked
me twice. 'I think ten bucks.'
I made that up; they never 
minded anyway. And then I
yelled after them, 'And you
don't need to wear a hat.'
-
That was for the lady. 
I remembered some churches 
used to care about that.

No comments: