Sunday, November 11, 2018

11,310. RUDIMENTS, pt. 499

RUDIMENTS, pt. 499
(the flugelhorn for the dumb man)
A lot of things happened
along the way. Half of
them, I don't even know
what they were. One time,
right outside of that 1001
place, I had hopped in the
car, while visiting home one
Saturday, and went there
with my father. I never even
got out of the car, just said,
'Go ahead, you go in, I'll
wait.' It was very weird but
I'd been overtaken  -  this
may sound stupid  -  by the
song on the radio, (little 
tinny usual AM car-crap).
It was already late in the 
game, but Creedence
Clearwater Revival was
the band and 'Proud Mary'
was the song) and that tune
was enough to drag me
down, stop me dead, and
shut me up. It had, in 
reality, nothing to do with 
me, or NYC, was more 
tethered to the Delta and 
to the Mississippi, but the
drive of the music and the
'job in the city, working for
the man every night and day' 
stuff  -  at that  moment  -
was like an encyclopedic
summation of the 'anti' of
all I was about. I said to 
myself, listening, 'Whatever
am I doing here?' I again
realized, clear as silk on a
a carpet, that I was simply
out of place. I had nothing
in common with my father, 
nor any of those men on
their ways in or out of the
car place. I hardly knew,
right then, why even had I
been born among Men. No
longer cold I fathom what
they thought about. 
-
It was a crossroads, of sorts.
And never again was I able
to even listen to that song
without the treble-bells
of worldly distaste ringing
in my head. It's still like
that. If I was ever born 
with a script-in-hand, I 
know for sure that it
got lost or altered too
many times. Things
gone down through
the years to haunt, 
or to mesmerize me.
I was always getting
thrown or sidetracked.
Like this 'mesmerized'

thing; there was actually a

guy named Franz Mesmer,
who came up with the 
concept and they named 
it after him. He was a
scientist, and he came
up with this 'animal
magnetism' concept, 
about 1850. I didn't 
know much about 
science, nor even care 
to, but I knew right off
what this guy was up to,
or talking about. Energy
transference between 
animate and inanimate 
objects. Yes, as if the 
world was one large
transfer-bowl between
consciousness and reality,
which I already knew it
was. The result was our
own manifested world.
Underway, and always
changing. With no fixed
points. Today called, oddly
enough, 'Quantum Physics.'
How I'd arrived there, 50
years ago and without any
education, was beyond me.
It seemed to hit right home,
in the face of all the other
'life-is-a-boring-string-of
ordinary-events' stuff they
tried teaching us. I don't 
think - to put it bluntly - 
that any of my ostensible 
'teachers' had ever come
up against a kid like me
before. I wasn't game for
their parody of human 
events. And I could see 
right through them. What
it came down to was 
something they'd never 
even considered, and a 
something which would 
have shattered all their 
complacent, crap approaches 
to 'teaching' and all that. 
I had been dead, and had 
come back to life (that
train wreck, remember) -
no, dragged back, (it wasn't
quite my idea), returned 
from that version of 'dead' 
reading and seeing a 
completely new light and 
reference-compass. It, truly, 
truly, did not include them.
-
It truly, truly, did not include
a lot of things - family and
home 'included.' (Avenel, you
were my bad tattoo, my poorly
inked prison-version of a
shoulder-blot marked by
hand. I never did have it
removed, and it sure has 
faded some but it's always
there. (But like that Greg

guy from Avenel often says,
when he can get the Twinkie
out of his mouth, 'Blessed 
are the poor in spirit for 
they shall inherit the Earth'  -
(and they can HAVE it, I
always added)  -  and starting
with him, gagging on his
macadam in his pestilential
jerk-boy way, while learning,
finally to read and write his
Mesmerized shit. Transfixed
inducement.  Miasmic detail.
Robotic  mis-alignment. It's
all they deserve). Voices have 
always  spoken to me, guiding 
me, and projecting a version of 
me forward. I mean real voices,
not idiots. And I was always
a card-reader, and each 'card'

presented to me represented

another working mentality, 

another developed level of all

consciousness waiting for work.
-
Everything in life

anyway is a mere symbolic

push for the truer reality

represented. Like those

monthly unemployment

statistics put out by the
government, by which 
so much policy is made,
and then - after policy 
is implemented - get 
altered anyway. 'Revised
statistics for last month's
unemployment report', it's
called. So bogus and so
transparent - life is a 
floating, fluid, situation,
always being read, mis-read,
revised, and changed. I
already knew all that. It
was just that, all my life, 
there have been clowns
trying to instruct (for pay;
they're hired hands for
lying), so that my life is
a fixed and well-boxed 
scene. All the cards
presented to me had 
memory-levels of their 
own. Were symbolic. And
were given to me in a
sort of dream-time, a time
of halves in which I found
myself living, What was valid,
and was what not? I was 
never quite sure, just worked 
the card. But as if in a vast 
castle in a vaster kingdom, 
each was a door in a corridor, 
and each door brought me to 
more and other doors, each
one richer than the one before 
it. As I grew up, and out, in the 
same way, symbolically, as
in some aberrant Avenel,
grew into a small Shop-Rite,
still in town, then a larger
Shop-Rite, with improvements
and still on the same damned 
Avenel Street, now a place of
nothing at all, and then out
to the highway, a better and
larger stream of things and 
traffic passing by, constantly. 
The original location now
dead. The new, large place,
replete with shimmering
crowds, a parking lot filled
with things passing, abandoned 
cars and wrecked motors, yet
made 'valid' by all that too.
Expansion, of something.
-
I always had difficulty 
justifying myself, yes
but mainly because I
never really knew from 
where anything was coming. 
Or who I even was. No
one ever understood that
about me : not friends, not
bosses, not teachers, not
parents. I belonged to
no one. I wasn't even here.

Some people just always
have made me sick.
-
It's a piecemeal dichotomy
that we get to live. The sources 
of our dreams are lives, and  -
funny as it is  -  the sources 
of our lives are dreams. It's a
constant push/pull dichotomy,
and something you'd never
figure any asshole would 
understand. It just goes on
in its psychic web of growth,
spreading  -  goodness, balm,
or defamation. The difference
lies in knowing the difference.
It doesn't lie in advancing the
lie. Back in NYC, I ran like 
the dickens to get the foul
flame of a off-center source
of place like Woodbridge and
Avenel off the flames consuming
my coat. Art and creativity were
to be my masters; I'd enlisted
and re-up'd for sure and Amen!
-
Every 'ville' has its villain, and
here in Woodbridge, we've got
hundreds of them  - all as empty
in the shiny head as a ping-pong
ball is to air. Light, bouncy,
and stupid as all get-out. And
  -  oh  -  that Creedence stuff, it
was all fake. Those guys played at
bayou, but they were middle-class
dolts from San Franciso, just
playing at their own version
of the Delta snakecharm.
(Goes to show  -  don't believe
what you don't know.



No comments: