Saturday, July 30, 2016

8457. THOUGH I DON'T THINK MUCH OF THE LANDING I LIKE YOUR BREASTS IN THAT SWEATER

THOUGH I DON'T THINK
MUCH OF THE LANDING
I LIKE YOUR BREASTS
IN THAT SWEATER
Now, consider the options:
I could have said I'd like them
'out', or nothing at all. How bad
a stranger than would I be? I've
watched you eating that orange for
five minutes, the whole last range of
this flight. What other would you have
me do? I'm so bored I could cry.
-
That landscape below us, yes, it looks
like Newark - you know, a real
hellhole now, not at all what it
used to be : jazz clubs in a row,
dark 1940's skies, all those bulbs and
lightbulbs on the signs. Jeez that was
great. We invented, right there,
what a 'hipster' is, as it's known today.
-
By Jesus, we were cool. You young kids
ain't shit, or if you are, it's just
fly-shit on some white waxed paper.
You get me, honey pie? You get
what I'm saying now? You dig?

No comments: