Thursday, July 21, 2016

8419. FLOOD INSURANCE HAS MADE ME CONFIDENT

FLOOD INSURANCE HAS 
MADE ME CONFIDENT
Look at the slivers of silver in
this bread : they were put there
by the Gods, I'm sure. As thick
as a bookend too, strong and
solid. I've heard of brick-oven,
but this takes the cake.
-
The sluice-pipe runs vegetable 
water only  -  pumped through 
the concrete basement until its
forced out at the other end. The
twelve bakers here use it as a
snack, and, yes, use it in the bread
too  -  'Vitamin Vimmy Loaf'.
-
I told Henry Miens, 'That's the
worse name in the world I ever
heard for bread.' Henry just laughed,
and said 'Listen, as far as anyone
knows, it a solid, old Native 
American recipe.' All I did was
laugh, and I left. A few days 
later I wrote them a note.
-
'American Indians were eating
loaf bread? In the 1700's? Is
that what you claim?'

No comments: