Thursday, July 7, 2016

8373. NEW BONES TO MECKLENBURG

NEW BONES TO 
MECKLENBURG
Just thinking about you, I realized this
magazine has gotten everything all
wrong: You never lived in Jerusalem;
Jerusalem lived in you. I never have
sat here before, like this, this time
of day, with the sun as such in my
eyes. It's all so hard to get used to,
how things are always changing
and all parts of the interpreted 
world always move about. We
see it all as static, but it's not.
-
Such moment-to-moment change
is why I know things linger but
do disappear. We only deal with
the passing thought of the passing
idea of the passing memory. Like
Jesus said, those last moments on
the cross, in some Aramaic tongue
only John and his Mother understood:
'Well, it could have been worse; they
could have brought out a flamethrower
and really singed my garment good.'

No comments: