Monday, July 30, 2012

3810. MALVERN CAVERN

 MALVERN CAVERN
Deep down deep they went so far that
out what seeped was the blackest tar.
I'd never seen anything like this before.  
-
Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer together
could never have made up this yarn :
Aunt Polly was really a man and
Becky did the whole entire town and
that's how the fence got painted.
-
I read it in the wagon, between those
two books Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn,
I'd seen it all and mixed it up enough,
and that ! that was my vagrant youth.
-
'Oh on the ole' river a'coursin' I went free,
'jes floatin' old Nigger Jim and me, and
them two crazy guys and the Shepardson
girl and the steeple that rang my demise.
An' I a-never know'd nothin' at all after that.
-
Say, Huck, ain't that my noose meant a'fer
your neck ? and how could they mix us up?'

No comments: