Wednesday, July 11, 2012

3776. ANTS ON THE APPLE

ANTS ON THE APPLE
I was surprised to see ants on the
apple core  -  someone had thrown
it down, once done, and now it was
swarming with ants. Somehow just
as well dependents of an Adam and Eve
once more. I make no connections, mind
you  -  merely a comment so as to reflect.
How jagged these reflections are; straight
lines broken, hitting from mirror to mirror
along the wall. Eventually, yes, even
letting us to see around corners.
-
Oh dog, I am so silent. 
The ants are swarming the core.
A thin, malic acid nectar, sweet
and rich. People eat apples for
hundreds of reasons. I once read,
in an article on same, that they were
very good because of their 'vigorous
cleansing action on the teeth' (always
liked that phrase thereafter). What's
that tell the ants, I wonder?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how you veer from apples to ants (expected) to mirrors then the cleansing of teeth. If that is true, I suppose ants must be very clean, indeed.

gary j. introne said...

Laurie - Thank you so much for following up!! I love comments, yet get so few on this daily poetry-post site. I am in your debt all around. Thanks. Gary