Tuesday, July 10, 2012

3773. I NEVER SAID THAT AT ALL

I NEVER SAID THAT AT ALL
Only right now is it time best to
consider, so many things having
already turned : that Carnival time
in Rio, that Opera House in the
harbor at Melbourne, countless
little things in the gulleys and
shores of time. I sit about, reading
History in little bits and pieces.
-
Someone tells me the Civil War
ran at a blistering pace. You'd have
to prove that to me - I see instead
a more pure and languorous idea,
of slow battle in so many pleasant
places - a Battle of Wond'rous Hill,
a thousand men dying of wounds
amid a beautiful picnic grounds.
People eating cole slaw, sipping
drinks and telling stories. Children
on the field across the ditch, all
spinning hoops and chasing balls.
-
You then wonder, may I be confused?
No, rather so a hopeless romantic that
I demand a sense of right in even the
worst of times. If it is my own blood
flowing, then at least it shall be pure.
-
There is a nomenclature inside of
Nature that makes all things right :
the good comports (somehow) with
the bad as the lovers, in fact, embrace
the haters and all things come together.
-
As one? No, no, I didn't say that.
I never said that at all.

No comments: