Monday, July 23, 2012

3796. AND NOW YOUR WORDS PASS

AND NOW YOUR WORDS PASS
I have grown so tired of the melancholic
gloom  -  look, look, I am aces and funny!
Nothing can stop me now - only, you tell
me, how green is the other grass? Madmen
make marks, and their stentorian tones make
me snarl. 'We've done a lot out of thin air.'
-
The girl saying that to me had strayed this way
from somewhere else. I decided to say nothing
back. This man with no voice - a real person  -
pulled her over and flashed her a paper  -  to write
her a note. She willingly sat; I don't know why.
But, oh, it seems, so many things are
different in the light of day.
-
My fellows, my girls, this is Poetry's world.
The broken quotation, the truncated swirl,
the fractured quatrain. Don't take more than
a moment to stop where it stops. Keep going
on; your life is the adventure to laugh at, and
I have grown so tired of the melancholic gloom.

No comments: