Wednesday, March 17, 2021

13,492. THINGS RUNNING LATE

THINGS RUNNING LATE
I demand the sense of completion,
before it's too late. Over and done.
Finito. The guy at the Red Lion says
I'm a fool, and I find myself agreeing.
That doesn't say much for self-esteem,
I guess; but there is a certain dignity
in accepting things as they stand.
-
My friend Al took the gun. My second
cousin Eileen did a Virginia Woolf and
drowned herself. Here I am again, just
holding the bag, for something solid?
-
I was watching a science fiction film
and (in my head) the guy said he was
writing a novel but he needed a name
for the lead female character; a old-style
book about old-fashioned ways in Russia's
old days. Someone outmoded, yes, and
it was on a far-off planet where all
things were still in (our) past.
-
I went and suggested that he consider 
Anna Chronism. He said, 'Yes! That
might work indeed.' I replied, 'Don't
be a fool; does it really fit your need?'


No comments: