Monday, August 27, 2012

3862. TAKEN FOR GRANTED


TAKEN FOR GRANTED
(consequences)
I've been entered and lost, I've been shut
and turned off, I've been taken for granted
now once too much. I'm going home, no,
really. This Summer solstice bullshit you've
pedaled to me amounts now to nothing at all :
Transit of Venus, Pleiades, and still another
month of two full moons. Egads, enough, I tire.
-
I'm running off to Greece, or Madagascar;
somewhere where the police are just as
stupid as here but less corrupt, or the other
way around, whatever. Look up, do I really
need to see tall buildings for the rest of my
days? No, I don't think so  -  give me a native
chica doing all my biddings, bring me a local
beauty with which to end my days. I never
want to vote nor hear a politician again.
-
Line up the Jimmies at the executioner's wall.
Let's shoot them all. Bring me forth some
velvet slippers, a long tall lemonade, and
some biased newspaper to tell about the
carnage we have made. I'm ready enough
to listen and believe most anything at all.
I've been taken for granted, it seems, forever:
forever: now it's my turn to ignore it all.

No comments: