Wednesday, August 22, 2012

3853. ABSTRACT TO THE TITLE

ABSTRACT TO THE TITLE
Diamond sky, wide open light, everything
all at once. I gaped in my open-mouthed glee,
too happy for anything else. 'No, no, here let
me help, although I do forget your name.' That's
the way this day began. Now, ten hours later,
what the hell? Men are shouldering missiles in
Gaza, Assange's still in his hole, and three girls
in Russia are making new plans.  I like things
just the way they're going. Professor Marleybones
steps over, then asks to shake my hand - again. He
says, 'I read your latest piece. Not good. You
know, you can never be too topical; be more
specific, let all that other stuff ride.' I had no
clue what he really meant to say. Fame is so
fleeting, like a young girl's sheer slip: first you
think you see it, then there's nothing under it.

No comments: