Wednesday, August 22, 2012

3855. NICODEMUS HAS MADE A RARE PLANET

NICODEMUS HAS 
MADE A RARE PLANET
Life is a haunted memory; I've already
lived it twice  -  on your iron seashore,
watching, 'midst all that toil and strife.
I heard no bells which, tolling, told of
times to come. Somehow, already, it
was all in the past. A portrait of the
Duke hung in the hallway, just waiting
for this time to cross it. Nicodemus
has made a rare planet.
-
Wednesday brought forth gloom  - 
an ice storm in its path. Far out,
along the Heavens, moons and
planets are twirling with the stars
of all creation. The only sound
heard is the solar wind.
-
One sweet Genevieve was drinking
her tea as I stumbled into the room.
This was 1882, and I was living, then,
at 19 Gramercy Park. My hands were
steady and my legs were strong; and I
drew portraits for a living while old God
Pan played his whispering song.
Nicodemus has made a rare planet.

No comments: