Friday, August 17, 2012

3845. OBLIVION CALLS

OBLIVION CALLS
I am spending most of my time
and space alone : next to you but
alone. Yes, there is milk on the table
as there are cheeses in the refrigerator
and meat on the stove. That is not the
problem. It is more like Oblivion, calling.
The semblance of world outside  -  the 
red-tailed hawk watching, the cowbirds
you've found, they almost all amount to
nothing. Willard has planted his 15 acres
of corn, now stunted already, and dry. In
June, at least, thankfully, we did get the
hay cut and in - bales of baleful labor, that.
Now, I court the spark of waiting  -  to just 
hope that something will happen. I am spending
most of my time and space alone, and just
not enjoying sitting home. I really want 
to flee, and Oblivion is calling me.

No comments: