Wednesday, February 29, 2012

3483. SANTA FE STATION

SANTA FE STATION
My girlfriend is riding The Coaster
out of Santa Fe Station, complaining
all the way : 'Two-decker train, runs slow
as ever, takes ten minutes to go half a mile.'
She adds as an afterthought : 'It is a historic
station station, very, anyway, with those big
letters on top spelling Santa Fe.' She signs
off with a few X's as kisses and 'I love you,
too.' Then she adds at the bottom, in her
own form of a promiscuous PS : 'If you're
ever going to Hell, take this train for sure;
it'll take forever to bring you there.'

2 comments:

nighthawk said...

Is it New Mexico or does it not matter? Been to the godforsaken part of NM or is that 3/4 quarters of the state?/ Hey wait that reply could be a poem in itself. Hope I write a poem again in my lifetime.

gary j. introne said...

Hi Greg. I enjoy reading your notes and comments. Actually, it's L. A., and theSanta Fe reference is for the terminal with that name above it is because it's a main Ca. Terminal for the Santa Fe Railroad. That's really all I know.