Friday, February 3, 2012

3435. CRAZY OLD MAN

CRAZY OLD MAN
When something breaks, that's when you marvel at
it ever having worked. When something dies, that's
when you marvel that it lived. ('I lived my life in the
basement. The light was always poor and the air
was always dank. I managed. I lived.').
-
'How do we do that stuff?', you have to ask yourself.
We are not omniscient, thought we notice things - 
the iridescent beetle, the beautied wingspan of
the moth. Outside of a mere, short distance around
us, everything else pales and we are engulfed by
a darkness. Little matter; I'd not know to say.
-
('I took my medicines like a man. I lived the
city life, the rural life, and then  -  monkishly  -
I hid away and burrowed in my words until
I died. When something like this breaks, yes,
you have to marvel that it ever worked.').

No comments: