Thursday, February 9, 2012

3445. THIS IS ROY

THIS IS ROY
Not that it always works;
it doesn't always work. 'We
were just talking about you -
hello, Roy!' A few lightbulbs
are out and now this corner's 
dark. 'No, no, it's not the
lightbulbs; this entire section
this morning has no juice.' 
'So we're living in the dark
once again,' says Roy.
-
'Jubilation came to me today in
an envelope  -  something postal.
Large and white. From that place
where the girls play. I have no idols,
but if they were here again, perhaps
I would. My big contract arrived
today  -  all covered with Jewish
names. Can't talk. Can't mention.
Can't say. It just arrived today.'
-
'The trainer I once knew now has
disappeared. All his horses are
left in the field  -  items now just
strewn about.' So many people
will just not stop talking.

No comments: