Monday, February 13, 2012

3456. WHAT IS THIS TRIVIAL MOMENT?

WHAT IS THIS 
TRIVIAL MOMENT?
(AND WHO ARE YOU?)
I secretly pine for your open leather coat - with
nothing beneath it, I know you will stand for
hours just to show me your breasts. The posture,
well, really, who cares? Behind you, that sovereign
wall where the locals have painted pictures of flowers
and greats  -  civil rights, jazz, and television faces.
Off to the right, the underpass where the local trains
pass : a total Philadelphia of lying eyes and broken
zoos; painted murals and paid-up dues. The Masons
and the Mummers, somehow all together rolled as one.
-
(One day the shopping cart lady came up to me and
said simply 'I need some money for things.' Made total
sense to me and, though I gave her a mere fifty cents,
I felt she had it coming. I said 'don't tell my your blues,
lady, I got enough of my own since you came to town.'
She laughed, and cried, and then laughed again. Goes
to show, you never can tell. I asked her to tell me about
William Blake. She recited the Auguries of Innocence
back to me by heart and said I should try just as well).

No comments: