Friday, February 10, 2012

3446. SEASCAPE

SEASCAPE
There is glass in the water splashing the shore;
glinting off light and reflecting much more. The
entire world seems like a diamond magic mirror.
-
I try to stand up. The sand tries nestling me in
place, sinking me and grabbing me back. Even
the toes grimace at this obstinate opportunity
of another's control. All measure of mortals
would know. We live amidst this petty surf.
-
Can I interest you in my own new, constabulatory
control? Over there, in that car lot, the blue one
standing off is mine : extremely functional,
multi-port, well-cam'd engine, just ready
to drone on with horsepower and verve.
-
Let us go then, you and I : so many perils
call us, so many distant stars for us, each
one evoking voyage and travel and space.
There is glass in the water splashing the shore
(glinting off light and reflecting much more).

No comments: