Monday, February 20, 2012

3467. OCCASIONAL EFFERVESCENCE (MALAGA)

OCCASIONAL 
EFFERVESCENCE
(Malaga)
Occasional effervescence has left me in sync;
I am laughing my ass off over here at the sink:
Malaga and me, together. On the one hand,
she holds all the dishes in front of her face
while is swearing never to eat again. We are
exchanging straws and mixing spit. It always
seems to go like this : I am once again in love
with something, over me and above. Life, Liberty,
or  -  shit and all  -  the pursuit of happiness again.
-
There never moves an issue as does the wind of
emotion : a wispy feeling passing by, encouraging
all things, influencing the cuff.  The daylight brilliance
shines its way in through a window, glinting now off
cups of a blue Delft China. Why? I'll truly never
know; it all just is. We can acknowledge whichever
motives we may wish, but what comes through is
only one certain, distracted, momentary version
of Truth  -  the same Truth for all things and
for all time. Malaga, still standing near this
sink, seems willing now to understand.
-
Before long, the daylight wanes.
Just as soon, we too are gone.

No comments: