Friday, February 10, 2012

3452. DOWNPLAYING THE PRODIGAL SON

DOWNPLAYING 
THE PRODIGAL SON
I still want both fire and vengeance along
to go see Pagliacci, but - oh lord - all this
luggage is wearing me down, twisting my
spine and bending my back; all tired and
so much useless as well. I've seen the fire
on the mountain and it's gone out; the 
woodshed is vacant and the cows won't
come home. Outdated machinery
makes this harvest a chore.
-
The man in the suit of a tragic clown?
I've known him, together with his
double. Soulmate. Voyager. Alike.
My duality hinders my handling.
My hands do not fit the door.
My gloves  -  no fingers left  -  
now go unused. That mark, that 
mark beneath each my eyes, you ask?
That is the mark of fire, all scars.
-
Old remnants of a flame that used to be.

No comments: