Tuesday, December 20, 2016

8996. SO I GET THAT FEELING AGAIN

SO I GET THAT 
FEELING AGAIN
So I get that feeling again that
I'm going half crazy, half off, half
on, like a supermarket drumbeat
saffron coated periwinkle rice ball
edging ever closer to destruction.
-
So I get that feeling again that
I'm running too lose at the lips with
the edge of the eye seeing fiercely
long items of cabana-blades and
ice-sculpted glimmers. Nothing
to go with but the leave and be.
-
So  -  and here's where I give it up  -
I realize the cold is just breaking
my blades and a fingernail knife
just won't do, and I take the next
taxi to Sailor's Snug Harbor, and
it WILL just have to do.
-
But alack and alas once more it will
still just come back at me how people
don't understand what I'm writing
and when they do it makes little
sense and I can only reply this is
blood in my eye and the last
good refuge of a scoundrel guy.
-
And then they reply : there are
psycho wards full of your kind
Buddy Boy don't get wise. I want
to tell them their grammar sucks,
but I figure I better just leave it
alone. So, I get that feeling 
again that I'm going.....

No comments: