Wednesday, December 7, 2016

8943. ME AND HARVEY KEITEL

ME AND HARVEY KEITEL
The girl in the Spin Shop Cafe.
She stands aloof from the fray.
But she does say hello. Just before
I go. For me, that's a lot. Say OK!
-
Now, I'm outside where it's forty
degrees. Seems warmer than it is, 
yet I freeze; seems later too. This
new December sky, I'm not used
to it yet. All those balloons and
the confetti of Summer are gone.
-
I've a mind to just forget I am living,
and leave a message and move on
ahead : the sweet spot, quintessence,
of everything else would finally
leave me alone. Though I seem 
headstrong to you, I'm uncertain
and weak to myself.
-
Instead, I'll count these calendar
pages and watch who comes out 
of the crowd. I end up liking most
people - the quiet, the dismal, the
bombastic, the loud. What's to say
anyway? It's better than Hell, where
I'm going with Harvey Keitel.

No comments: