Wednesday, December 14, 2016

8970. NOTHING ON THE SEWANEE

NOTHING ON THE SEWANEE
'This boat's got no brains, even its
wood is leaky.' I heard that with an
ear for the perfect sarcasm I'd long
suspected. No eager wench, this babe.
She threw her shoulder-weight around
just like a guy, and I feared already
for the things to come.
-
I'd never before had a girl-man for 
a boss; so I just figured get used to
it. On Friday, the pay is the same, no
matter panties or pantaloons. What
makes it different are the loving 
moments. I think she hated me.
-
I could roar like a lion, I could
pray like Christopher Columbus; so
that never-mined stuff came to naught.
She smoked American Eagles, if she
smoked at all. Kid's stuff, an unlucky
fodder. It's what she drank that bothered.
-
Like a butcher cutting hotcakes, 
something, hell, everything, 
seemed already so out of line.

No comments: