Sunday, January 17, 2016

7692. SOMETHING'S GOTTA' BE DONE

SOMETHING'S GOTTA' BE DONE
That meticulous metal line now inscribed
on my painting, I cannot remove it without
harm. It was meant to be a permanent mark,
the secret link for the viewer to see. It meant
to say 'You will not come back from this
place, once you have seen.' Now it's gone.
Some rambunctious little museum brat
probably peeled it off from some art class
in school  -  low-life no-goodnik like that.
Once I thought it would stay forever. Now
it's been taken by some little rat. I should
have known not to leave things around.
-
Once we leave this life, there's no telling 
what's up. The power of Mankind is its memory.
I've had it told that after death is all what we make
it, whatever we believe, that's what will be. It's 
the creative power of the life just lived, which 
gets you in the end. Like they say  -  'be careful 
what you wish for, it might come true.' 
Damned to be damned, you and me.

No comments: