Wednesday, January 13, 2016

7677. THE WAY TO DISENGAGE THE MONTPELIER BROTHERS

THE WAY TO DISENGAGE THE MONTPELIER BROTHERS
We can't go any longer along Route 6. Up this
was it begins to get too steep and high, this
fucking truck won't make it, and even if it 
did, coming down the other side would overtax
the brakes. We'd be flat, like pancakes. Hand me
another slab of your pemmican. This is Injun' land.
-
I haven't been up this way in thirty years and five.
But now, now it all comes back  -  I can remember
everything like yesterday. Am I driving this out,
or you? Any Johnny Walker left? This is Injun land,
to go in drunk is best.
-
Her sister was better looking then her, but they
both went down easy  -  problem was their father,
Ole' Jacob Handler (he pronounced the 'e' in ole.
If he's still alive, do the same, OK?).  He'd skin 
a mule to make a smile  - nothing ever like him
I saw before. Never liked the guy. Hope he's gone.
If he is, take me to his grave, and grab a daughter.

No comments: