Wednesday, January 13, 2016

7675. WHERE'S YOUR LITTLE SPIRIT DISH?

WHERE'S YOUR 
LITTLE SPIRIT DISH?
Yeah though I walk through the Valley of
the Shadow of Death...I remember the feeling
of living, of being. More than the rest, I'd 
have to acknowledge something keen : myopic
soul-transport through the stars and the legions 
of Life. There, there, a Being calls, a trumpet rings, 
a swallow hovers on a golden tree.
-
I am not known for what I was, just what I am,
and that all disappears on a dime. Festschrift
runs on, words after words after words, like
canker sores and open wounds on a dying 
leper. Yet it all comes down to Nothing.
And, have I mentioned, Nothing?
-
Verisimilitude can drive you mad. Making
wreaths of dreams or rings of smoke won't
do. Hold this harbored hand against the glass.
Yes, and see how cold things really are.

No comments: