Monday, December 7, 2015

7558. THE PRIDE OF MY TERRACE IS THE SHROUD OF YOUR LAND

THE PRIDE OF MY TERRACE IS
THE SHROUD OF YOUR LAND
And here comes those Vandals again, the same
ones who sacked Rome? I don't know about
that, but we're piglets now and this bridge that
says 'Brooklyn' is taking me somewhere. I hope.
There are legends of trash on each shoulder  -  the
road's, not mine. And, to put it right, the road's not
mine either. And. I. Wouldn't. Want. It. 'Go on!'
Or do I mean Gowanus, Canal? Anyway, is Canal
really your name? Jeepers, I'm lost. The crossing 
guard stays 'Stop here!'. But because this is Brooklyn
I hear it as the crossin' gahd says 'Stop Heah!'. Almost
like Boston  -  is there a connection? Whatever floats
your boat, or boasts your float, or gets your goat.
It's all OK with me. Make a right at the wahta.

No comments: