Sunday, December 20, 2015

7609. HAD NO EXISTENCE

HAD NO EXISTENCE
Was never was. Did not live at all.
Never had being. A full negation of
everything : OK, signal my symbol 
for trying these times. All is/is not.
I never tremble at the edge of a knife.
-
The curlicue of only good fire can grab
my attention now. Twelve miles off from 
the Bear Mountain Bridge, and high above
it all  -  'Road Closed - No Access'  -  we 
sit it out. Having made a campfire, now we
must worry the light, and the smoke? This
close to a Christmas revel, why should we?
And what Rangers are around here now? 
-
Dark and cold and chilly. Nothing uplifting
about this at all. Walking one rocky path
after another, I've worn out my feet and my
patience. Just let me sit a while, and the hell
with anything else. I'm tired, and weary.
Cold. Like I was never alive.

No comments: