Friday, December 4, 2015

7542. COFFEE, NEWSPAPER, AND A SAW...

COFFEE, NEWSPAPER, 
AND A SAW....
The most simple rudiments of a voraciously-lived 
life simply accumulate, and can eventually drown 
you. Ask those Collier Brothers if you don't believe 
me. I need a saw to cut through this stuff. Everything 
that can be listless, already is. I'm sitting here in my
stupor, listening to Elliot Smith, and I can't fathom why. 
-
Someone came to the door today, and when I
answered he asked what I believed in.  Well at first
the question puzzled me, but he persisted  -  he needed
the information for some paper he was writing. So I said,
slowly, so he'd take heed : 'I believe cats chase mice and
that milk will curdle if left out too long. Are you satisfied
now?' At that, he smiled, and said 'Yes, thank you sir.'
And got back in his car, and left.

No comments: