Tuesday, December 28, 2021

14,030. DISENGAGE THE PRICE GUN FROM THE PRICE

DISENGAGE THE PRICE 
GUN FROM THE PRICE
Now people are leaning in; they all
want to see the future. I tell them, 'The
future is only tomorrow; nothing big
deal about that.' No one listens.
-
Predicated upon great expectations,
little stories and pale achievements
end up meaning nothing to these bums. 
Everything has to be jumbo-size now to 
get their damned attention. An asteroid 
headed  for Cleveland, or an earthquake 
just outside of San Jose. I can't possibly 
know of these things in advance. Can I?
-
Here's my hammer and claw.
There's my anvil and lever. Let's
disengage the price gun from the
price  -  for fun?  -  and see what
it is we are left with. I'd bet it's
cheaper to build a cabin in the
woods like Ted Kaczynski did
than it ever is to stand around
here just waiting. I've sent you a
postcard with secret directions,
and I'll be waiting for you there.


No comments: