Saturday, December 18, 2021

14,002. SANS APPLIQUE, YOU CANNOT COME IN

SANS APPLIQUE, YOU 
CANNOT COME IN
Here's the heart of the mater: I actually
have little idea what that means. A tattoo
at the gate of Heaven? Some paperwork
with a seal, for Hell? Annotations to
the Gospels Of Sri Ramakrishna?
-
Whatever it is, that's as far as I go.
Instead I'm using my time to tell you
things  -  not idle things, but not overtly
important either. (Though they are to me,
the need not mean anything to you).
-
 I live here. I used to live there. I've
visited numerous places over time,
and keep a recollection of just about
all. My notebooks would sizzle a cat.
-
I remember this girl in Georgia, at some
motel or other, along the way. Off 95, but
near Savannah too. January 3, 2015, I'm
guessing. That's fairly precise, and it's
probably right. 7pm, maybe. She knocked
meekly at the door, a tiny, thin, black girl,
and asked if I'd like her to come back,
maybe about 9, so we could 'party.'
-
Somehow I know exactly what that meant.
It's it's an unwritten code. Genetic maybe,
in the male anyway. She sought money
for a fuck. It all suddenly made too much
sense. People still did this sort of thing?
In outlying Georgia, just off the beaten
path? Did she make a decent living? Did
she face some pimp-guy's wrath?
-
Later on, I was almost distressed, and 
wanted to do it over again but this time
say yes and see what occurred. I'll die
without knowing. But I guess it's OK.
-
('You cannot come in, without applique').

No comments: