Friday, December 24, 2021

14,021. PRAGUE : JUDGMENT

PRAGUE : JUDGMENT
Some days I wake up broken; telling 
myself that's better than not waking 
at all. I guess, but it's not my place to
make those calls or use that judgment.
In this wicked life, you do what you
do after you get what you get?
-
How'd this get started anyway? Just
before, some girl asked me if I'd ever
been to Prague. Prague? I can hardly
get to Milford. Let alone the rest of
the holy world.
-
I put my fork down and laughed. 'Oh,
sure, I've been there twice already, or
don't you remember?' I figured I'd put
the joke back on her and let her see
how that feels. It was Christmas after
all, just another snarly time for lies.
-
At midnight, I've heard, the sun is
supposed to rise, and the animals are
supposed to talk. Christmas myth,
that too?

No comments: