Saturday, December 25, 2021

14,023. INVISIBLE ALIGNMENT

INVISIBLE ALIGNMENT
It may be overdone, or it may
be just that I overlooked an
ending. Talking to walls,
doesn't seem like much of
a life, yet, I separate my
time into varied bunches.
One day it seems I'm talking
to Jesus, or another day to
God. How am I to sort this
out, and who's who now?
-
My friend has a collection of
rifles. They stand in his cabinet,
and some on a wall. He feels
confident that they'll not be
needed, yet he reserves for
himself that decision. 'A good 
haul of birdshot will solve
many problems.' 
-
In the next breath he'll say
'Don't get one down if you're
not going to use it. That's the
surest way to die.' I think that
means that once you grab for
the gun, you'd better use it.
-
I never know how criminals feel,
nor how the slinking break-in guy
figures there will be no challenge.
Some things are far beyond me.

No comments: