Thursday, December 9, 2021

13,973. A SMALL PIECE OF CLOTH

A SMALL PIECE OF CLOTH
How I keep content? Odd thoughts
now mostly  -  figments to keep the
parlor lamps lit. Life being mostly
blemish, a small piece of cloth will
suffice. Tiny-sized, to cover over
the brains of mice.
-
It is said now the homeless need
shows and underwear most. I would
not know. I see they all have phones,
which makes me wonder. From where
and how? They can talk to each other,
maybe, about their dire straits?
-
The problem with that is the structure
of a sentence. The small cloth again  -  
they'd need first to learn to talk, and
make a sense of what they are trying
to say. That's nearly impossible today.
-
So, I harbor no fugitives here in this
parlor light  -  except myself. Letting
no others in suits me fine enough. And, 
without even a phone, I need nothing 
else, not even shoes nor underwear. A
small piece of cloth, perhaps, to cover
the brain of the mouse who lives
in this house?

No comments: