Thursday, December 23, 2021

14,016. FRONTIER JUSTICE

FRONTIER JUSTICE 
Was that a lynch mob out in
front of your house, with two
torches burning and a noise so
loud? What in the world did you
do to deserve that? (In law school
they teach that a trial lawyer should
never ask a question for which he 
or she does not already know the 
answer, so, my bad I guess).
Anyway, such a crowd is very
uncomfortable, no? More than
likely to burn or house down if
you look away, and be done with
it  -  of course, after they ring your
neck with that happy rope they're
twirling.
-
Bummer, all this. I see they've dug
a hole (for you?) already up on the
Boot Hill slope. Are you figuring to be
comfortable there? And permanent?
Not much to be done, I suppose, but
I start wondering who in the world
was this guy named Lynch, and how
did his name get attached?
-
Was he good for something else 
other than this? Did he have a bunch 
of happy kids, and a wife or two?
Did he have friends who'd say:
'I'd depend on that Lynch guy in
any sort of pinch? It's a cinch
he'd pull me through.'

No comments: