Thursday, August 27, 2020

13,082. HOME HECTOR HAS

HOME HECTOR HAS
Reading James Joyce while having
a cough drop : an ancient doctor from
1953 once considered that his remedy
for the common cold. I took the bait
and ended up in some filthy hospital
where even the shadows wore robes.
In medical parlance, a 'Dump.'
-
Reading the chore-list for the nurse's
aides, I was struck by such heavy-duty
work; not the cleaning and scrubbing,
no, but rather the building and the
lugging of cinder blocks for the new
wing. I'd go home early and never
return.
-
Check-listing my activities for each
passing day, I now have to be sure to
give myself credit, and stop being so
negative about the things I do. Granted,
they're not much in isolation, but over
the course of time, an accumulation
arises that isn't so bad.
-
Driving slowly through Roselle Park
to peer at rundown old houses may not
be that glamorous, but one can really
learn a lot. A few kids, selling Kool Aid
at the curb : That makes me smile, to
see that untold dedication: Faith and
Relaxation.

No comments: