Saturday, August 1, 2020

13,022. I LIKE HUMOR

I LIKE HUMOR
Or, well, just as much as the other
guy. I like HuMoR. I figure. And
I married a real Mrs. Malaprop too.
(Look it up, do). Just today I had a
laugh. Twice. We were talking about
something, the way someone talked
to me, heavily accented, Serbian. She
asked why I thought they held that
opinion, whatever it had been he was
saying. I said it was nothing, being
from another land, Serbia; there, that's
prevailing opinion. She said, "Well, I
know why they hang on to those old
Suberbian opinions once they get 
here.' I thought that was funny, suburbs
and all. And then, another one, In her
talking with someone about the extended
unemployment benefits, those extra 600
dollars people are getting, etc., she said,
'It takes all the fun out of retirement; we
should have stayed working and we could
have stayed home and got all this money.'
Again. Funny. Money.

No comments: