Sunday, August 16, 2020

13,060. RUDIMENTS, pt. 1,145

RUDIMENTS, pt. 1,145
(the subject was roses)
Maybe once, a long time ago,
there was some logic to everything.
But, frankly, that's all gone; there's
nothing left, and any supposedly
firm planting of feet in logic or
reason is all crap. I often wonder
what's gotten into peoples' heads
that they could be this way. I
wouldn't wear a face mask if I
was in the middle of a fiery crowd,
or if I was home alone. Yet every
day I see hundreds or more with
their facemasks on. Reacting to
what? The law, the advice, the
general social climate? Why?
-
I've never known a more miserable
time or place is this society right
now. I'd trade my cards without
a second thought, from this
plop-field of stupidity to any
of the ruined-Europe scenarios
from 1946; all those bombed out
and ruined edifices, the smoked
and miserable streets, and the
benumbed people. Existentially
there were more expansion and
growth possibilities than one
would ever see today. In 1967
and those ensuing years, really
before the destitution of the mid
1970's hit, there was still a smidgen
of the older ways  -  creased pants,
sports jackets, hat-wear for men.
None of it really mattered, no, and
it all passed like the wind, but there
was a certain steadiness in leather 
shoes with sewn bottoms and not
plastic and glue. The manner in
which people walk around now  - 
sweat garb, and goofball sneakers
and footwear   -  is pathetic. And,
as stupid as it sounds, that's all
reflected in the dire qualities today
of the way people think and act.
The people I saw in 1967, the true
urbanites, were still 'definers' of
that category. When the same 
subject was then treated by 
Hollywood, in all those Jack
Lemmon urban-psyche dramas
of confused businessmen, cheating
wives and husbands, valueless
abodes and environments, it was
parodied, distorted, abused and
made ironic. That's how this
mad destruction all begins; and
it still happens that way with
little regard for the past. What's
out in the streets now is the ready
equivalent of dog-shit or pig vomit
given a voice.  That's how it's done;
the bad seed (I've said before how
anti-semitism charges now take
a back seat to race and equivalency
for violence charges) creeps in, gets
in people's heads, and they all
begin charging forth in their
know-nothing manner. Yet,
they're all still at it, including
the Semites, torching our
Society all in the name of
'Something' vague.
-
My street time in NYC taught me
how to live, wrangle, and survive.
I can't excuse some of what I did,
but I don't have to. I am fading
fast now into the past. I am the 
past, and I inhabit that willingly. 
Death is my overcoat, and in
that swaddle I no longer have
any communication with the
sick riff-raff of the sidewalks and
streets. Moronic ignoramuses.
-
I've never been in lock-up, and have
seen and participated in enough vile
things, yet I've always been good
at eluding. In fact, as a spokesman
for eluding, I've managed pretty
well. Any number of my 'friends'
are dead. in fact, I know more dead
people now than living people. And
the reason for that is the more moving
stream of consciousness that comes
from the rich loam of my back-story.
There is no front-load left, for me.
Those artists that I've known, if 
they've not already 'made it,'  - and
some have  -  it's all over for them;
as it is for me. Nothing happens in
one's 70's; it's an age for reflection
and step-back. Youth and trash are
propelled forward, while the veterans
fade, die off, become memories. That's
OK by me, and screw the rest.
-
The agency of our own destruction is 
now underway all around us. I just
look at the silly stream of objections
and opposition my own work causes
me; people taking umbrage at my
'new'  stances, as if they really knew
anything about me. All they know is 
the stream of dreck they've bought into.
Would they like to learn about theft
and murder, death and desolation,
body bags dropping from windows
on Police cranes? I can fill then in,
yes, but they're too stupid to grasp
what I say. Their train to Hell arrives 
at 11. Please, oh please, may they be 
at their station  on time.



No comments: