Thursday, August 6, 2020

13,033. RUDIMENTS, pt. 1,137

RUDIMENTS, pt. 1,137
(how much did you say you gave?)
No form of torture or abrasion
could ever have matched my
getting hit by that train; as 
accidental as it all may have 
been. Believe me, folks, I 
was too young for suicide, 
and it had never entered my 
lexicon at age 8. In any case,
by some fluke, I arose from
the dead. Is a reconsidered
death then called a cancelled
suicide? A head-doctor once
told me tht on a sliding-scale
of occurrence my Spirit-Soul
was reacting to future events
in pulling me back like that,
and re-configuring my range
of emotive formats to better
equip me for the work to be
done. A perfect load of rubbish,
to be sure, but - hey, who knows?
It started me on a long path to
awareness : how can anything,
whether spirit or soul, react to
'future events,' and what the
heck does that mean anyway?
It was all almost scary.
-
I never told anyone about those
old happenings; some people
knew, just from the prevalence
of others -  school, neighborhood,
home and family. But even then,
no one knew what to say about it
let alone what to say to ME about
it. As I look back on it now, I
see how strange it all must have
been. My mother had neighbor
wives and other mother friends,
and with someone or other
always coming over for afternoon
coffees,etc., with my mother, I
see now how obvious it was
that they to all had a curiosity
about the entire episode and
me too, and these visitations
were just as much a way of
seeing me, or watching my
'progress' or witnessing my
re-entry into functional life.
It was thought. I had all my
toes and fingers, which is
essentially what counted. As
it went, I ended up like most
any other kid in my group :
Stealing smokes, and small
change, from parents or other
kids' houses. We'd hit and run;
smoking a few Kents out by
the portables behind the school,
or, even, on Sundays, skipping
church to gather there instead;
and then keeping the measly
collection money. We always
kept it loose, never in one of
those collection envelopes the
church handed out  -  you
were identifiable by them,
and the dumb church, in
some stupid attempt a
shaming people into
giving, or giving more;
each Sunday, with the church
'bulletin' ('bulletin?') they'd
actually print the names
of parishioners and what
amount they'd given! The
higher values first, like 10
and 5 dollar people or families,
and then down to the lowest
25 cents and such, by kids,
and THE POOR! I really
thought that was the most
vicious thing a church could
do, and they ought to have
been ashamed at their actions.
I can only imagine what
perverted, sanctimonious,
prideful piece of crap Diocese
committee in Trenton had
thought that tactic up :
Instead of helping the poor,
and assisting their plight, in
following 'God's' dictate, they
were shamelessly belittling
them and holding them up
to the ridicule of their 'peers.'
They never got a dime out
of me.
-
I went through all that recovery
stuff, mending bones, straightening
up, getting used to crutches and
aches and all. After that 'coma'
period, that took about another
year  -  but after that point I
healed pretty swiftly and well,
No one could really tell what
I'd undergone; well, from just
'seeing' me anyway. I don't know
what people thought of me if
they started talking to me. I
guess I was pretty normal, but
don't know. I was walking
around in my own cloud.
-
Once I decided to enter that
whole 'seminary' thing, what
really irked me, as word got
out, was how so many silly
people immediately spouted
their weird idea that in doing
so I was giving thanks or
somehow 'repaying' the Lord
for saving my life, healing
me and bringing me back to
the normal world. Pity them,
I'd think. That stuff was the
farthest thing from my mind.
Actually, I was more or less
fleeing THEM! Certainly
not 'thanking' some mysterious
God for doing all that to me.
What in the Hell gets into
people's heads to make them
think like that? There are no
evidences for any of that in
the world around them  -  so
how in the world does such
'magical' thinking get started?
Is all that then just another
weakness in the chain-link
of Human weaknesses we
all have to deal with? It did
amaze me how things were
situated  - like some dumb
calendar scene of some
bucolic farmhouse or meadow
with some cute-eyed glowing
kid picking flowers with their
puppy alongside them,  You
know the scene... sort of the
opposite of any babe-photo
mechanic-shop calendar. The, 
scenario for these people went
right into turning me into some
recovering pious rat-face turning
back to God, Jesus, and Mary too,
in thanks for my own survival.
-
Leaving out the stolen kid smokes,
the purloined church-collection
money, and the rest. What kind
of thanks would any of that have
been anyway in the great celestial 
court of Heavenly review? Would
I fare any better than the church
people and the horrid 
collection lists? 
-
No sir, and I had a lot to do. The
days began rolling in, and fast.
The years of bring 8, 9, and 10
drew swift to their close. Once
I got used to what sort of psychic
vehicle I was driving I felt I could
start concentrating on rates of 
speed. The flag was down. I was 
off and running...








No comments: