Saturday, June 6, 2020

12,869. DEAD HAPPENSTANCE OF NATURE

DEAD HAPPENSTANCE 
OF NATURE
Walking along Den Doudy Street, in
Montreal, one time, I slipped and fell
on some broken eggs; some mess that
had been dumped out behind a diner.
I guess the dumpster nearby wasn't
good enough. My head hit the street,
pretty hard, and though I was worried
for a moment, it was all OK. My head,
and the street, so let's go plural. 
-
I was dizzy a day after. Seeing double.
But I don't do medical, and doctors to
me are enemies. I withstood my panic
and enjoyed the show. I went to the bar,
and got two pole dancers for the price 
of one. That was one way of looking
at it anyway.
-
These are all comedy lines, mind you,
but no one ever laughs at anything
any longer  -  too feared for who'll be
offended or how out of line they'll
be. Hey, that's OK. Leave it to me.

No comments: