Thursday, August 18, 2016

8527. HEY SURE THEN IT IS, A CRAZY WORLD

HEY SURE THEN IT IS, 
A CRAZY WORLD
I deem it inadmissible this
evidence of living : sky high
the cabinet guy, and I am
pulling over for something
to eat. Right here. In the far
distant middle of nowhere.
-
I think this is a Carolina,
maybe North, but I can't say.
It's been so boring, all this
pumping gas in out of the
way places. Dreary. Dileary.
(I just made that up, having
something to do with 'delirious'
but cuter). Here's a pizza window.
-
The girl behind the counter
looks like bad 1980's New York;
and they claim to be 'Brooklyn
Pizza.' In the freaking middle
of nowhere no less, a side-road
to a side-road to the entry to
the interstate. She's preoccupied
with herself, it seems, and chewing
nice gum. Sounds like a bathroom
stall, this 'pre-occupied' stuff.
-
(I sit outside, in the bright sunlight
and some January southern light.
Have a go, have a go, have a go.
I'm sure it's to be all right)
-
Now, now, my dog is a lumbering
parasol, and the person I'm with
only digs rain. There's nothing to
win, and nothing to lose, since
most days here are the same.

No comments: